STYLING AN OVERSIZE BLAZER

11:32 am

"If you never try, you'll never know, "

I woke up today feeling so excited to have a platform that I can share and express my personal style and I thank you so very much for reading. This is officially my first outfit post and with it I'm introducing a new category CONFIDENT IN THE CITY, where you can find all my OOTD details!
One of my favourite fashion items ever is the blazer. For real, I currently have a collection of about six in varying styles and colours but I don’t feel like I am done yet (You can never have too many!).
I chose this oversized one from Marks and Spencer because I love styling menswear and slouchy silhouettes, it gives a very stylish twist to regular streetstyle.



 And although this year, there wasn't a lot of light thrown on the blazer trend, we all know that fashion is an ever spinning cycle and this 80s jacket/blazer trend will always be stylish in a classic chic way. 


How I styled it 

 To balance out the oversize fit of the boyfriend blazer, I went with the easiest option to keep at least one item of my look fitted to create a balance in the silhouette. So I wore my skinniest skinny jeans and H&M graphic t shirt. I also carried a little black bag, same one I carried here 




If you may have noticed I love pumps, so I added these white Gbemisoke pumps; p.s they are super comfy!. For a little bit of edge , I creatively folded the jeans twice to almost a three quarter length. 

TIP: Be careful when styling oversize jackets. If not paired with the right item, it could easily go from "tres chic" to "does she not have a mirror?". Steer clear of slouchy wide leg pants except you're Victoria Beckham. Also leave below the knee skirts and dresses out of this. Keep the colours minimal and you're free to accessorize as much as you want to. You can also style the oversize blazer as a smoking hot blazer dress! 


What do you think of my look and how would you style your oversized blazer? 
xoxo

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard